Sunday, March 8, 2015

New Toy


My new toy is a blending board - it is a fun way to mix fibres for spinning. This is my first attempt, so I tried blending little bits of fibre I've had for a while. There is some BFL wool (from SweetGeorgia Yarn, in the Tavern colour way), natural silk and merino blend, gold angelina, and white tencel (a man made silky fibre, similar to rayon).


Using a blending board is like painting with fibres (here is a link for the product on YouTube) - very easy to use.


These are the rolages I produced - just over 40g of fibre.


They spun up so easily - I used a long draw, woolen method of spinning. This is the first time I have spun like this, and it sure was quick.


I ended up with about 140m, 40g of lace weight to light fingering weight yarn.


The yarn is nice and fluffy too, because it is a true woolen (both in fibre prep and drafting method). I think I am really going to enjoy my new toy!

the sunset this evening

Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...