Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quilting For Others

I did some machine quilt for others this week.


This is a wallhanging that my Mother made - the pattern is from an older Quilt Mania magazine, but she used her GO! for the smaller appliqué pieces (the Rose of Sharon, and Bird dies).


I quilted swirls and swooshes in the background, I also did some free motion embroidery for the vines, stems and leaves. My Mother will add beads. It is about 40" x 50".


This table runner is one that a friend made. It is a Hunter Star.


I did some pretty simple designs on it. The continuous curves in the stars are quilted with metallic thread by Marathon - a local company - I was told that it was really easy to free motion quilt with, and I was pleasantly surprised. I normally steer clear of metallic thread for FMQ, but this one was great - I didn't change the tension and used a regular universal #80 needle with no problems.


You can see the quilting better from the back, some holly and ribbons because it is for Christmas.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...