Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quilt Show!

Today I went to a fantastic quilt show hosted by Manitoba Prairie Quilters. I wanted to quickly post some pictures so that I could go try out some of my new purchases!

These first three are from the Challenge Quilts for Charity section (the challenge was black, white and one colour).



There was lots of beautiful machine quilting.









Way too many quilts to show!! But here are a few more.

I am glad I went early, because it quickly became packed and would have been difficult to take pictures.
I also had some time for shopping!

I found the Aurifil thread I have been looking for, can't wait to try it out! Hamels Fabrics had the best deals on fabrics - $31 for a layer cake (they are normally around $50 here). There are quite a few wonderful quilt shops in rural Manitoba - it was nice to see them at the quilt show.

There are a couple of contests I need to mention.
Sue over at Alderwood Quilts is having a wonderful give away of an iron and some fabric.
Jandi is giving away a beautiful charm pack - Fruitcake by basicgrey. Good Luck!!

Off to sew!!

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...