Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Show and Tell with a Twist

For this weeks show and tell I decided to talk about a tool that I have and love.

The Tri-Recs tool from EZ Quilt.
I originally bought this tool to make this table runner.

It is from a kit that I bought here. The pattern is "Candy Corn Cotillion" by Willow Berry Lane.



The Tri-Recs is used to make this block (I don't the name).

I have made a couple of variations of this pattern.



I have also made a couple of other quilts with the tools (I only have a picture of one of the quilts, the other is a similar variation).

Only the half triangle is used.

The blocks are made up of two halves and a reverse block is also used.


Today I tried making another pattern with the tool. I have seen similar "tumbler" or "thimble" quilts around and thought the tri tool would work.


I used 2½" strips of fabric. The tape helped me remember which lines I was using to cut.

I ended up with this.

I alternated the seams to reduce the bulk by using the little trick of unpicking a couple of stitches.


I added some applique. It will be a seat cover for a stool. There is lots of room to try out some new techniques in machine quilting.

This is my first practice piece since I bought Diane Gaudynski's book. It was lots of fun!!

Today my DH made a chocolate desert from my friend Wendy's blog, and it was delicious. He said it was easy to make. Thanks Wendy!!

Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...